Couples wishing to get married in the parish must give at least 3 month's notice to one of the priests, and to the Local Registrar of Marriages.



Agenda for Marriage Arrangements

Your parish will require:

  • A baptismal certificate from the church where you were baptised. This certificate must not be more than 6 months old.
  • A letter of freedom to marry from any parish, you have lived in for more than 6 months, since turning sixteen years of age.
  • A confirmation certificate which is available from the church of your confirmation, (if the information is recorded on your Baptismal Certificate that will be sufficient).
  • Certificate of Attendance at an ACCORD Pre-Marriage course. Check for information and course availability.

Couples who are not parishioners and wish to marry in one of the parish churches, must pay a fee of €400. Your booking is not confirmed, until the fee is paid. An offering may be given on the day to the priest who officiates at your wedding. Please note that this applies to all weddings.

Finally, please arrange a meeting with the priest celebrating your marriage, to plan the ceremony.

The parish office for marriages is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9.30 am – 1 pm; 1.30 – 5 pm. Phone: 8255342.

Civil Registration of Marriage: The Civil Registration Act 2004 requires all couples planning a marriage ceremony in Ireland to register their intent of marriage with the State at least three calendar months prior to their wedding date. This is currently done by setting up an appointment with a Civil Registration Service Registrar and attending together in person.  This appointment may be made on-line (, or by telephone, or calling to a Civil Registration Office in person.  When booking their appointment couples will be informed of what they need to bring, how long their appointment will last.  For couples where one or both parties are resident abroad, they should contact the Civil Registration Office to book their appointment.  For more information about this or any Civil Registration services you can also visit their website: